Want to get 1st-notice of upcoming PB&J Sessions?These limited edition sessions are only available to our e-news subscribers appointments are on a First-Come, First-Serve basis.
Category Archives: Design Consultation
Working a portrait display into your child’s room can be a simple task if you plan ahead just a bit.
How many times have you come home from a portrait order session and wondered where you will display all the new pictures you have just brought home? To avoid this dilemma in the future, just follow these guidelines when planning your next portrait session for your child:
1. Walk through your home and make a list of places where you would like to add a portrait of your child, along with how much space you have. You can even use your camera phone to snap a picture of the space to show your photographer during your planning meeting.
2. Take note of the size, style and color of frames that you like to use in each room. Also, note the color and decorating style of the room. Your photographer will use your decorating style to help determine the style and layout of your portrait display.
3. Babies and small children LOVE to look at images of themselves, so don’t be afraid to display portraits of the child in his room. Bring along decorative items or toys from his room to the portrait session. Not only will the items help tie the portrait display to the room, but years from now, when the original items have been packed up or given away, the memories will remain in the portrait display.
Here are a few of my favorites from a recent portrait session with Coltrane. You can see how his face lights up with his favorite things around him!
Using these 3 planning steps will help you be able to display your child’s portraits AND maintain your decor! Be sure to subscribe to the blog for more helpful tips!
Our Custom Design Consultation is an esential and destinctive service offered to our portrait clients free of charge. We will schedule a time to visit with you privately at your home or at the Studio prior to your portrait session.
At this time we go over:
- Your ideas about clothing
- The theme and feeling you want your final images to portray
- The Setting for the portrait
- Where you want to Hang or Display your portraits and in what medium
- Answer any questions you have about preparation
- Take pictures of the available display spaces in your home (or send you home with instructions for you to complete this assignment when meeting in the studio)
If you decide to book Anissa for your portrait, we will schedule your Portrait Creation Session, Proof Viewing & Ordering Session, and Date that your portraits will be ready for Pick Up. That way, you will know what the next step is, and when to expect it.
Every portrait we create is custom-designed, and Anissa creates each image, from color harmony to lighting to depth-of-field, with your expectations and final product in mind. This Design Consultation takes a little extra time, but helps to ensure that your expectations are met and makes your overall experience with Anissa Long Photography even more enjoyable!